"I was bitten must have been the devil"

Thursday, October 11, 2012

What's been going on...

I never wrote a blog about what's been going on with me lately, and I'm not sure why.

I am currently out of work due to a vehicle accident at work.
On September 25, I was coming down I-95 in West Haven and traffic came to a stop. I had plenty of time to stop behind a truck but then looked in my sideview mirror and saw a tractor trailer coming up behind me and not stopping. He drove right into me and pushed me into the truck in front of me. I drive a van with a bucket on it and my cab was crunched, the van is totally destroyed.
I was somehow fine, at first anyway. The cab was full of dust from the airbags and stuff was thrown everywhere but I managed to find my phone. I called my office and my wife to tell them about the accident then tried to get out. Both doors were twisted and would not open, so I had to wait for the fire department to cut the doors open. I was pulled out and put right into an ambulance and taken to Yale to be checked out.
I was okay that day but have had a lot of back pain since. I'm out of work on comp and starting physical therapy to exercise out my muscle strains. I hope to be back in mid November.
That's basically it. I have some pics of my van but was debating whether or not to put them on here. The officer who brought my reg and license back to Yale for me said the truck that hit me never even hit his brakes, he thinks he was sleeping or something.
I guess I'm lucky to even be walking but as Ron says, shit happens.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

  1. RM,
    Seek an attorney and do that RFN.

    Oh, RFN is "right fuckin now". It occurs seconds before immediately...

    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wo dude, you must have banked some good karma to get out as well as you did. Do the therapy, do the ice packs, get well.

    ReplyDelete