Monday, June 27, 2011
1. Pity for a Dime- Creed
2. Again- Alice in Chains
3. Walk on Down- Aerosmith
4. Prison Sex- Tool (that looks funny lol)
5. Still the Same- Bob Segar
6. Angry Chair (unplugged)- Alice in Chains
7. Deep- Pearl Jam (all the way to 7, wow)
8. Voices in the Sky- Moody Blues
9. Brother (instrumental)- Pearl Jam (2)
10. Flood- Jars of Clay
11. Johnny Guitar- Pearl Jam (3)
12. Sparks- Coldplay
13. Limo Wreck- Soundgarden
14. Born w/ a Broken Heart- Kenny Wayne
15. More than you know- Eddie Vedder
16. Enter Sandman- Metallica
17. Cold and Ugly- Tool
18. Give it away- Red Hot Chili Peppers
19. Thumbing my Way- Pearl Jam (4)
20. Jesus or a Gun- Fuel
21. Swim- Bush
22. Green Disease- Pearl Jam (5)
23. Crazy- Aerosmith
24. Yellow Ledbetter (live)- Pearl Jam (6)
25. Change your mind- Neil Young
Only six Pearl Jam songs and one Eddie Vedder, kind of surprised. Still rather high percentage, although Tool and Aerosmith came up twice. Little surprised only one Neil Young too since I have 5 albums of his, I may do this again another day.
Friday, June 24, 2011
I just read "The Divide" by Nicholas Evans and it was great. It's not my usual genre but I was really into it. It starts with two skiers finding the body of a young woman buried in snow. Turns out she's Abbie Cooper, a person wanted by the FBI for questioning in a murder and vandalism case. The story then goes into the life of the Coopers, and how this upper class family from Long Island ended up torn apart and with a promising daughter as a fugitive. It jumps around a bit, but I loved it.
Anyway, so I then decided I'd read the highly suggested "Requiem of a Dream". I can't deal with the format in which its written. The story looks so good but there is little punctuation and there is no identification in the dialogue. I've seen reviews where people say to stick with it and you'll eventually get sucked in but I don't know.
So now, I'm looking around my house for something good that I haven't read yet. Sheesh, maybe I'll just reread The Deathly Hallows in anticipation of the last Potter movie.
Any suggestions? I'm usually a thriller/horror kind of guy but I do love a good story. Especially something with a struggle, I did like Kite Runner, A child called It and stuff like that. Oh, I just remembered I do have Angela's Ashes here somewhere. The search begins!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
"Dear MRS.Palin I want to vote for you ,I hope you save us all god willing ,please put god back in charge"
I am dead serious. Notice how "Mrs" gets capitalized but God doesn't. Even I know better than that, thank God.
Credit to my Aunt for finding this quote, I took it from her FB page.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
How will this happen? Well it's what the right wants. See, here's how they think...Iran is wrong and evil because they force you to live by religion. They have laws based on religion, but, the moronic and closed minded fools on the right want the same for America. It's the basic hypocrisy that the right swears too, they love to be hypocrites.
This is why I rally so hard for gay marriage and against the fools who keep trying to block it. I was set off by David Tyree, the former Giants WR who made the great head catch in Super Bowl 42. He recently said that he would trade that catch for the abolishment of gay marriage. He says he knows its wrong because God says so and should not be legal. Many people believe this and, if we, the thinkers in this country, allow even one law to be turned down because "God" says it is wrong then that will open the floodgates. The Reichwings will start making all kinds of laws based on The Bible (which I will say for the 5,000th time was not written by God).
New York is considering the issue of gay marriage right now, and as Americans who embrace freedom we cannot allow this to be banned. Next will be abortion. Although I'm sure the death penalty will remain, because that is the Hypocrite way! Oh, I mean the Conservative way.
ThinkProgress has assembled 10 of the nuttiest things Bachmann has ever said:
(1) BACHMANN WARNED ‘THE LION KING’ WAS GAY PROPAGANDA: At the November 2004 EdWatch National Education Conference, Bachmann said the “normalization” of homosexuality would lead to “desensitization”: “Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders, is take a picture of ‘The Lion King’ for instance, and a teacher might say, ‘Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?’ The message is: I’m better at what I do, because I’m gay.”
(2) BACHMANN CLAIMED ABOLISHING THE MINIMUM WAGE WOULD CREATE JOBS: While testifying in front of the Minnesota Senate in 2005, Bachmann said, “Literally, if we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.” This isn’t remotely true. Even simply reducing the minimum wage would, as Paul Krugman noted, “at best do nothing for employment; more likely it would actually be contractionary.”
(3) BACHMANN CLAIMED THAT SCIENTISTS ARE SUPPORTERS OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN: During a 2006 debate, Bachmann said, “There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design.” This was, and is, not true.
(4) BACHMANN CLAIMED TERRI SCHIAVO WAS ‘HEALTHY’: Not long after Terri Schiavo died, Bachmann said she would have voted for the Palm Sunday Compromise because Schiavo “was healthy. She had brain damage — there was brain damage, there was no question. But from a health point of view, she was not terminally ill.” An autopsy found that Schiavo had suffered irreversible brain damage and her brain, said the medical examiner, was “profoundly atrophied.”
(5) BACHMANN LIKENED VISITING IRAQ TO VISITING MALL OF AMERICA: In 2007, Bachmann returned from a junket to Iraq and told her colleagues, “[T]here’s a commonality with the Mall of America, in that it’s on that proportion. There’s marble everywhere. The other thing I remarked about was there is water everywhere.” As ThinkProgress documented at the time, the comparison was preposterous.
(6) BACHMANN CLAIMED THAT CARBON DIOXIDE IS ‘HARMLESS’: In 2008, a Stanford scientist revealed “direct links” between increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and “increases in human mortality” — globally, he found that as many as “20,000 air-pollution-related deaths per year per degree Celsius may be due to this greenhouse gas.” The next year, Bachmann, who is not a scientist, said that “carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.”
(7) BACHMANN CALLED FOR A CONGRESSIONAL WITCH HUNT: Pivoting off the news of Barack Obama’s alleged relationship to former Weather Underground member William Ayers, and his former pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Bachmann accused the candidate of having “anti-American views.” She then suggested that Congressional liberals — including Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid — ought to be subject to “an exposé” by the media because of their views. “I think people would love to see like that,” she told a stunned Chris Matthews.
(8) BACHMANN SUGGESTED GAY SINGER SHOULD REPENT AFTER GETTING CANCER: Bachmann saw Melissa Etheridge’s cancer as a teachable moment: “Unfortunately she is now suffering from breast cancer, so keep her in your prayers,” she said in November 2004. “This may be an opportunity for her now to be open to some spiritual things, now that she is suffering with that physical disease. She is a lesbian.”
(9) BACHMANN BOASTED ABOUT BREAKING THE LAW: In advance of the 2010 national Census, Bachmann told The Washington Times that she would break the law by not completing the forms. “I know for my family, the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home,” she said. “We won’t be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn’t require any information beyond that.”
(10) BACHMANN CLAIMED THAT GLENN BECK COULD SOLVE THE DEBT CRISIS: During a February trip to South Carolina, Bachmann told a South Carolina audience, “I think if we give Glenn Beck the numbers, he can solve this [the national debt].”
Saturday, June 11, 2011
It's all about stem cells.
Colon won the Cy Young in 2005 while with the L.A. Angels, he won 21 games while striking out 157 and keeping a 3.48 ERA. Then in a playoff series against the Yankees, Colon suffered a partially torn rotator cuff and hadn't pitched a full (or adequate) season since then. Before signing with the Angels in 2004, Colon was a feared pitcher for the Indians and Expos. In his last stint with the White Sox in 2009 he was 3-6 with an ERA over 4 in another injury shortened season. So, what did Bartolo do? Stem cell treatment.
Dr. Joseph Purita, saw Bartolo in April 2010 and took bone marrow stem cells from his (Colon's) hip and injected them into his ailing shoulder. The result so far? 5-3 (should be 7-3 but bull pen fell apart) with a 3.10 ERA and 72 strike outs, he's even had a complete game where he was still throwing in the mid 90's in the 9th inning. He is averaging 8 K's per 9 innings, not bad for an overweight 38 year old, washed up ace.
Why does one have to go to the Dominican Republic for such a treatment? Isn't America supposed to be the leader in medical science and treatment? . While Colon’s was a journey home, many Americans seeking stem cell treatment journey to countries that are completely strange to them.China is one popular destination, though there are stem cell clinics soliciting American patients in countries such as Panama, Mexico, Germany and Malaysia.
Baseball is looking into this because Dr. Purita has been wrapped up in using Human Growth Hormone therapy also, which is banned by baseball. Did Colon receive this treatment also? No one knows and no one can prove otherwise. The stem cell transplant therapy has many side affects and is not proven to always work, so did it this time? Or will Bartolo soon be diagnosed with cancer (a possible side affect). I hope he did heal from this stem cell therapy. Think of what it could mean to millions of ailing patients who cannot afford to travel to China or The Dominican for treatment.
Is Colon a pioneer or just a fat fraud who's pumped up on HGH?
We may never know...
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Less than a half ounce used to be a misdemeanor charge, but now it will simply be a $150 fine and go up with each possession.
Personally, it doesn't matter to me, never touched the stuff, and I don't see how having a joint is different than having a couple beers.
Once Gov. Malloy signs the bill (and he will) it shall be law.
Smoke em if ya got em.
Monday, June 6, 2011
Faithing and hoping to buy themselves time
Me, I figure as each breath goes by
I only own my mind
The North is to South what the clock is to time
There's east and there's west and there's everywhere life
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in between is mine
I am mine
And the feeling, it gets left behind
All the innocence lost at one time
Significant, behind the eyes
There's no need to hide...
We're safe tonight
The ocean is full 'cause everyone's crying
The full moon is looking for friends at high tide
The sorrow grows bigger when the sorrow's denied
I only know my mind
I am mine
And the meaning, it gets left behind
All the innocents lost at one time
Significant, behind the eyes
There's no need to hide...
We're safe tonight
And the feelings that get left behind
All the innocents broken with lies
Significance, between the lines
(We may need to hide)
And the meanings that get left behind
All the innocents lost at one time
We're all different behind the eyes
There's no need to hide
"I am Mine"- Pearl Jam
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Moral of the story: always leave your condoms in the car.
A mother is in the kitchen making dinner for her family when her daughter walks in.
"Mother, where do babies come from?"
The mother thinks for a few seconds and says, "Well dear, Mommy and Daddy fall in love and get married. One night they go into their bedroom, they kiss and hug and have sex."
The daughter looks puzzled so the mother continues, "That means the daddy puts his penis in the mommy's vagina. That's how you get a baby, honey." The child seems to comprehend.
"Oh, I see, but the other night when I came into your room you had daddy's penis in your mouth. What do you get when you do that?"
"Jewelry, my dear. Jewelry."
A completely inebriated man walked into a bar and, after staring for some time at the only woman seated at the bar, walked over to her, placed his hand up
her skirt and began fondling her.
She jumped up and slapped him silly.
He immediately apologized and explained, "I'm sorry. I thought you were my wife. You look exactly like her."
"Why you drunken, worthless, insufferable son of a BITCH!" she screamed.
"Funny," he muttered, "you even sound exactly like her."
Two redneck guys go on a fishing trip.
They rent all the equipment: the reels, the rods, the wading suits, the rowboat, the car, and even a cabin in the woods.
They spend a fortune.
The first day they go fishing, but they don't catch anything.
The same thing happens on the second day, and on the third day.
It goes on like this until finally, on the last day of their vacation, one of the men catches a fish.
As they're driving home they're really depressed. One guy turns to the other and says, "Do you realize that this one lousy fish we caught cost us fifteen hundred dollars?"
The other guy says, "Wow! It's a good thing we didn't catch any more!
A few days after Christmas, a mother was working in the kitchen listening to her young son playing with his new electric train in the living room. She heard the train stop and her son said, "All of you sons of bitches who want off, get the hell off now, cause this is the last stop! And all of you sons of bitches who are getting on, get your asses in the train, cause we're going down the tracks."
The mother went nuts and told her son, "We don't use that kind of language in this house. Now I want you to go to your room and you are to stay there for TWO HOURS. When you come out, you may play with your train, but I want you to use nice language."
Two hours later, the son comes out of the bedroom and resumes playing with his train. Soon the train stopped and the mother heard her son say, "All passengers who are disembarking from the train, please remember to take all of your belongings with you. We thank you for riding with us today and hope your trip was a pleasant one. We hope you will ride with us again soon." She hears the little boy continue, "For those of you just boarding, we ask you to stow all of your hand luggage under your seat. Remember, there is no smoking on the train. We hope you will have a pleasant and relaxing journey with us today."
As the mother began to smile, the child added, "For those of you who are pissed off about the TWO HOUR delay, please see the bitch in the kitchen."