"I was bitten must have been the devil"

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 5: Something that makes you happy

I kinda had to think about this. I could have just put a picture of my kids, but I wanted to go bigger than that.
Before I moved to Southington, I lived in West Haven and I hated it. I hated the neighborhood, the people and mostly the fences. I grew up in a neighborhood where kids could roam freely and not worry. In West Haven we had a little yard that was fenced and it was a crappy area so even at age 8 I wouldn't let Alyssa walk anywhere.
So, I have here a picture of our backyard now, its not just that that makes me happy, its the entire home. I love being where I am so much right now and so does my family and their happiness is what makes me happy.

3 comments:

  1. Two things....First, I have my numbers messed up so disregard that. Secondly, this is not really how it looks now lol, this is the yard after a big storm in January

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description of your contentment is one of the finest simply put I have read in a very long time. Reminds me of my favorite fortune cookie ever, "May your feet tread a plush carpet of contentment." I wish you well, it sounds wonderful.
    Secondly, fences. Though they may make good neighbors, in many cases they do not make good neighborhoods. The neighborhood I live in did not want fences so they made a covenant against them, but a group insisted so it was decided they could have a certain style of wroght iron fence only, it is very expensive and so it was thought it would result in only a very few fences. Lived here 14 years next week, there are lots of them now, I can't believe people will spend the price of a small car to keep the dog in the yard. We had an electric invisible fence while we had a dog, works like a charm for a few hundred bucks and the dog only got through it 2 times in it's 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years ago, my wife and I were looking at new homes in a neighborhood that did not have fences. Instead, it had high walls. Looked like a prison yard. :)

    ReplyDelete