"I was bitten must have been the devil"

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 2: Meaning of Blog name

This one is pretty simple because I just recently renamed my blog.

I chose The Red Mosquito from a song by Pearl Jam (which is on my playlist below). In the song the mosquito is a messenger from the Devil, sent to remind the person that he is waiting for him. It seems in the song that there is a past sin that he is now paying for and regrets. The song ends with the lyrics "if I had known then, what I know now" repeated. And since I often blog from the left view and am anti organized religion, I know some people consider me a sinner. So, I play on that and now show myself as a messenger of Satan. Not that I think us leftists are evil, but to the extremely religious right wing we are, and I embrace that.
My blog used to be called Life of Bryan, which I got from the Monty Python movie Life of Brian. I actually hate Monty Python movies but I liked the idea of being a messiah, which I believe is what the movie is about.
Until tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. You HATE Monty Python movies??? How is this possible? Maybe if Meaning of Life is the only one you've seen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't know about this. First you say you don't like Monty Python, and then NAC piles on to dish Meaning of Life. A pox on both your houses!

    :-)
    I loved Meaning of Life, as did a few others I know. Yet additional friends hated it. So to each his own I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just couldn't get into Meaning of Life, Skinny Guy. I like/love everything else they ever did. Don't know why that is; it just is. ; )

    ReplyDelete