"I was bitten must have been the devil"

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Wild Card Weekend!!!!

What do me and Eli Manning have in common? Both watching the playoffs from home....oh well

Anyway, we have four excellent wild card games this weekend, including an excellent divisional rivalry.
This preseason I picked the Texans and Packers in the Super Bowl, I'm sticking with just one of those teams now...maybe. Right now I'm torn between the Niners and Packers and have very little faith in the Falcons. I have no faith left in the Texans and believe in Manning and Brady to face off, but let's see which team shows the most motivation. Anything can happen in the NFL.

Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans- Houston has fallen hard lately and goes into the playoffs with no momentum, unlike the Bengals. We know from the last two champs that it isn't a great regular season that wins the crown anymore, it's who is hot. Call me nuts but I'm taking the hot team. Bengals could end the Texans run early, 26-21 Bengals.

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers- It will not happen again, Rodgers cannot let it happen. If Green Bay goes one and done again the writers will jump all over him, despite the fact he carried his team all season. Shut down the run and shut down Minnesota, that's it. Do the Packers have a great defense? No, but they have only one job, stop Peterson. If Rodgers strikes fast and gets the Pack out to a quick lead they win, and they will. Packer fans can get a plane ticket to San Fran now. 31-24 Packers.

Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens-I went against the hot team for my Packers pick, can I here? Will Ray Lewis announcing his retirement motivate the Ravens? I think they drew the perfect opponent to get back into the swing of things. The young Luck has a welcome to post season NFL experience against a hungry Ravens defense. Ravens play fast and hard and get the win 24-13.

Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins-The hottest teams in the NFC meet in what could be the best game this weekend. On one hand the Skins are at home, but Seattle has a better defense, but that defense is better in Seattle than not. I can see either team winning. Just taking the home team for no other reason than they are home and super hot. Redskins 20-17.

Bengals, Packers, Ravens, and Redskins move on but how many of the wild card teams will get past the top seeds? Maybe just one....

1 comment:

  1. I would point out that the Packers are still on a bit of a roll, their one game losing streak notwithstanding. They have won 9 of 11, losing only to the defending champs and the most improved team in the league this year, both on the road.

    Also, I think Seattle gets it done today, then (probably) upsets Atlanta next week. ; )

    ReplyDelete