"I was bitten must have been the devil"

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Divisional Round

Last week I went 2-2, eh it happens.

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos- Last week Ray Lewis played his last home game, I think this will be his last game ever. I do expect at least one upset this weekend, but I don't think this is it. I don't think the Ravens on again off again offense will get many chances to score, and I like Manning at home. 27-18 Broncos.

Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers- Best game of the weekend, right here. I have been going back and forth on this one. San Fran is at home, and they play one nasty defense, we've seen them beat the Packers once already which is what leans me towards Green Bay. Beating a good team twice is hard and I know defense wins championships (I will use this saying later) but I'm sticking with my preseason pick. Green Bay over San Fran 26-21.

Houston Texans at New England Patriots- I can't trust the Texans. Last time they faced the Patriots they were clearly out matched and over powered. I know I just went through this about beating a good team twice but you can't apply the same logic in every playoff game. Texans keep it closer but still don't win. 28-24 Patriots.

Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons- Defense wins championships. Ha,I said it. I am on the fence about this one...I know that Seattle D is fierce and fast but facing a dome team at home is always a challenge. If they shut down the run the Falcons may have trouble. The question is, what does Atlanta do to stop losing in the playoffs? They can stop the Seattle offense if they stop Lynch. It comes down to defensive play makers and a big part of Seattles defense is being home in the rain with noise. I'm going with Atlanta, they are at home and can stop this young offense. Atlanta 23-14.

So...I have the Pats going to Denver for the AFC title and Green Bay going to Atlanta for the NFC title. Packers and Broncos? With no Terrell Davis this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment